Monday 4 April 2011

Birdsong.

I meant to post a while ago, but it never really happened. I'm becoming increasingly lazy with my posts, not that many of you really care. It annoys me though. This blog is something I decided to do for this WHOLE year, so it is something I will do it. I'll try to post while I'm travelling, and if I can't, then I'll write the entries in a notebook and update you all as much as possible.

I'm getting very excited about travelling, yet I've still not decided on a route to travel. I plan on doing this on the way to Val Thorens, just because it'll be a period of 24 hours when I have nothing to do but eat and sleep, so I may as well get other stuff done. Oh yeah, Val T. I won't be able to blog (I don't think), unless I borrow an iPhone, so I'll see what I can do there, or I may be able to use my phone to be honest... Flights to India are yet to be booked. Rory from STA needs to get his act together or I'll have to book from elsewhere. I need to get my flights. For my own peace of mind.

Fucking hell, just spilled a pint of water all over the books by my bed. Luckily, my portfolio is on my bed, along with my laptop. Portfolio, hmm. Should probably get that done.

I miss birdsong. When I get to hear it in Manc (normally after a night out or when its really sunny), I feel a bit more relaxed, like I'm at home. I go home again in a week, so be prepared for even less cheerful blogs as I slowly lose my mind to the middle of nowhere. Having said that, I'll only be there for 12 days, and Rach will be home, so we can entertain each other. It'll also be filled with catching up on work and preparation for the ski trip (buying booze and sorting out food for the coach journey).

The picture I have posted this week was taken by Elly Lucas, a hugely talented photographer I have the pleasure of knowing. It involved her dad, live mealworms and patience. Find her blog here: http://ellylucas.tumblr.com/post/4309955135/robin-attempt-no-2-equipment-one-dad-to-hold.

I had a bit of a bad buzz on Thursday night, and a very drunken Luke Nicholson tried to cheer me up. If I'm honest, he succeeded. I don't know how, but everything upsetting me is completely fine now. Thank you Luke. I combined what he said with something my mum used to say to me when I did horse riding (which I may try again this Easter, if I can afford it).

Lesson 42: If you fall off a horse, get right back on it. Interpret how you will.

Listening to: Two Doves - Dirty Projectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment